Yeah, I know the New Year is already three days old, but give me a break. I’ve been…well…for once, I can’t say it’s because I’ve been busy. I started the year out taking something that I hope will not be as rare in ’10 as it has been in previous years: a sabbath. And by sabbath, I mean a day of rest folks. Amanda, the girls, and I spent Friday together, doing absolutely nothing that had to be done. It was glorious. I felt more rested after that day that I have in a long while. Amanda said she felt lazy. I said that we got to enjoy a rare jewel.
I thought about posting a long list of resolutions, but, you know how that goes. What’s the point? So instead, I thought I’d post a few of my hopes for the coming year. Here it goes:
- To be a much better husband to my lovely wife that I’ve ever been before. To continue becoming the man of God she’s always deserved, but not received.
- To make sure to love on, tickle, cuddle with, and play with my kids each and every moment I can, because they’re growing up so dang fast.
- To do my best to model the Father’s love to my kids
- To actually finish reading through the “Bible in a Year” plan. Day three, and all is good!
- To be a better son, brother, and uncle this year. The past few have pretty much not been great for that.
- To be a better friend. See previous bullet.
- To be a better teacher.
- To laugh more, smile even more, and enjoy the blessings God pours out on this undeserving soul
I begin the year hopeful. I begin the year excited. I begin the year, as we all do perhaps, looking forward to what lies ahead. As Paul said, I’ll keep pressing forward toward the prize that awaits me in Christ. I pray you’ll do the same. I pray this year brings untold blessings your way, friends. God bless.